Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I ONLY LIKED IT...SO I DIDN'T PUT A RING ON IT!




Okay Babies I saw this fabulous letter on another site(necolebitchie.com) and I normally don't just do re-post, but after reading this I had to make an exception. All credit is given to blogger FlyGuy for the realness and honesty. This is just a simple letter that causes both men and women to pause and go ahhhh damn...is it really like that...I think it is. You can catch up to FlyGuy at flyguychronicles.com

Please enjoy...ladies brace yourself!!!


Fly Note: This piece is dedicated to every woman who takes Beyonce’s latest single “Single Ladies” literally. Please understand that her world does not provide a true depiction of every day life, so you have to view her songs purely for what they are … entertainment only.


Dear (Ex) Love,
We need to talk. Judging from the voicemail you just left me, I’m starting to believe that this Beyonce song, “Single Ladies…Put A Ring On It” has you confused about the true nature of our past and present relationship. When we decided to part ways, it was admittedly difficult for the both of us. I mean, let’s face it; all of the time and energy that we invested in our relationship made it hard to imagine life without you. In the end though, we both know that it was the right thing to do.


Did I miss you? Of course I did—which is why I let my emotions get the best of me when I saw you with that guy last night. I can own up to the fact that my behavior was wrong, but your response was way out of line. To suggest that I had no room to get angry because I never asked you to marry me … well that’s just ridiculous. But if you really want to play that game, then let me explain to you the real reasons that I never popped the question.


1. I will only place a ring on the finger of a woman that I deeply love and want to spend the rest of my life with. Unfortunately, you never crossed that threshold.


2. You never had a plan for your life. You were just content with us being together, which would be cool if we were 19 or 20, but we’re not—so that’s not.


3. We lived together, slept together, ate together. And after experiencing all of that, there was still something deep inside of me that wasn’t convinced that you were the one. The familiarity kept the relationship going, but it wasn’t enough to make me pull the trigger.


4. Your insecurities pushed me away. No matter how much I tried to love you, you never thought you were good enough, pretty enough, or smart enough for me. At first it was understandable, considering the tough relationship that you had just come out of. But three years later, we shouldn’t have been dealing with the same self-esteem issues that we faced on day one.


5. Your idea of marriage and family wasn’t a partnership, but a carefully laid out plan that you created—all on your own. I didn’t want to hear that “this is the way it’s going to be with my husband and my kids.” Over time, it became clear that you wanted a “yes man” instead of a partner, and I just wasn’t interested in that type of position.


So I guess with all of those reasons, what I’m really trying to say is: I ONLY liked it … and that’s why I didn’t put a ring on it.
I hope I’ve made things clear.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this why he ain't put a ring on it? Well hell to the NO!!!! This better than a X-Mas gift. Knowledge is power.

Anonymous said...

IF I WERE A BOY I WOULD PROBABLY THINK THE SAME DAMN WAY BUT HELL I'M NOT SO HE STILL GOTTA PUT A DIAMOND RING ON IT! NICE ARTICLE V.

Anonymous said...

Twitter crew checking the new post...well damn this such a revealing truth...is this really how they feel? I guess I have been getting played cause I still ain't got a ring yet.

Anonymous said...

this letter is oh to real. i still want him to put a ring on it. and why did it take him 3 years to figure out she wasn't wifey material? damn shame.

Anonymous said...

twitter: hey urbanbarbiedoll this is a very interesting and entertaining post. I'll also be picking up a copy of your book. keep the news coming.

Anonymous said...

ONE WORD.
WOW.

Anonymous said...

this letter/article answers a lot of questions for so many of us.

Anonymous said...

OMG NO HE DIDN'T! VERY INTERESTING

Anonymous said...

what a way to sum up why he didn't put a ring on it. i'm laughing but it all makes perfect sense. damn shame.

Unknown said...

WOW ! FLOORED!